The entire Green & Woke podcast featuring the recipe for Cannabutter can be heard @
#cannabis #edibles #chronicpain #interview #podcast
Please #Subscribe #Like & #Share
1) one 16 oz package of phyllo dough (Phyllo dough is a paper-thin dough that comes in sheets). You can buy organic, pre-made phyllo dough at stores like Whole Foods in the frozen foods section. Keep frozen until the night before you want to use it.)
2) 1 pound chopped nuts (walnuts or pistachios are good for this dessert)
3) 1 cup Cannabutter or Hemp Butter
4) 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
5) 1 cup water
6) 1/2 cup Sugar in the Raw (natural, non-bleached sugar) or other natural sugar (Coconut Sugar, Monk Fruit Sugar)
7) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (make sure it’s REAL vanilla extract, not imitation)
8) 1/2 cup Cannabis-infused Honey*
*If you live where Marijuana is illegal, you can make a creamy Hemp Honey instead: take 1/2 cup of local honey in a small bowl, mix in a small amount (1 – 2 teaspoons) of Hemp Milk. (You can buy Hemp milk at stores like Whole Foods.) Blend until uniform.
Pre-heat oven to 350F. Butter the bottom & sides of a 9×13″ pan.
1) In a bowl, toss the nuts with cinnamon. Set aside.
2) Unroll phyllo dough. Cut a whole stack in 1/2 to fit into pan. Cover phyllo dough with a damp cloth to keep it from drying out, and breaking.
3) Place Cannabutter or Hemp Butter in a bowl. Melt butter in microwave (a few seconds)
4) Place 2 sheets of phyllo dough in pan. Using a brush, butter the sheets. Repeat 4x until you have 8 buttered sheets.
5) Sprinkle 2 – 3 Tablespoons of nut/cinnamon mixture on top.
6) Top with 2 sheets of dough, then Butter, nuts, layering as you go. The top layer should be about 8 sheets deep.
7) Bake about 50 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
8) While Baklava is baking, make sauce: boil sugar & water until sugar is dissolves. (If you have blood sugar concerns, you can substitute Agave Syrup instead of sugar.) Add vanilla and honey. Simmer for 20 minutes.
9) Remove Baklava from oven. Spoon sauce over it. Let cool.
10) Cut into diamond or square shapes.
11) Store leftovers uncovered on a plate. They will get soggy if wrapped up.
Build A Better Planet NYC
For more information visit us @
Follow us on Facebook @
Booking information for Host, Kimberly Ryans, please contact:
KRyans Group – firstname.lastname@example.org